August 5, 2021
Tamron Co., Ltd.
TAMRON announces the world’s first1 mirrorless zoom lens with a maximum wide-open aperture of F2
A fast-aperture “travel zoom” with seamless zoom action from wide-angle through telephoto range
35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058)
August 5, 2021, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of a fast-aperture telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058).
|35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058)
For Sony E-mount (35mm full-frame)
|DATE OF LAUNCH
|Planned within 20212
1 Among the zoom lenses for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras (As of July, 2021: TAMRON)
2 Due to the current global health crisis, the release date or product supply schedule could change
Overview of the 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058) features
The 35-150mm F2-2.8 is a zoom lens that covers the range from wide-angle (35mm) through telephoto (150mm) and is ideal for travel photography. It is the first1 zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras to have a maximum wide-open aperture of F2. With this focal range, you can enjoy shooting magnificent views and large buildings at 35mm and dynamic close-up shots at 150mm. Travel photographers can easily take beautiful sunrise and sunset shots, shoot distinctive exterior buildings and interiors like restaurants, and take twilight and nightscape photos. With high-level performance under a wide variety of shooting conditions, this new fast lens is ideal for trips aimed at creating photographic works. In addition, by incorporating the VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism, the lens features a very high-speed and high-precision autofocus for a fast-aperture lens. It also incorporates a new design in the pursuit of enhanced operability and ergonomic texture.
This lens supports the full array of frequently used angles-of-view including wide-angle, standard, medium telephoto and telephoto, making it easy to compose the perfect shot without changing your position from the subject.
Originally developed software ‘TAMRON Lens Utility’ for lens function customization
This lens is compatible with the new ‘TAMRON Lens Utility’ software originally and uniquely developed by TAMRON. TAMRON Lens Utility can be operated via your own computer by connecting the lens from its Connector Port via the optional TAMRON Connection Cable3. Users can customize the functions and update the firmware through the lens rather than through the camera. The personal customization gives flexible shooting options to match the shooting situation such as still photography or videography.
3. TAMRON Connection Cable (USB Type-A to Type-C) sold separately.
(Functions of TAMRON Lens Utility)
●Focus Set Button settings
– A-B Focus: Set 2 focus positions (A and B) and make the focus automatically shift between A and B
– Focus Preset: Set your desired focus position and move the focus to the recorded point by a click
– Switch Focus Ring Function (Focus/Aperture): Switch Focus Ring Function from focus adjustment to aperture adjustment
– Assign function from the camera: Assign custom functions from the camera body to the Focus Set Button
*The function of Focus Set Button can be cleared
●Focus Ring settings – MF Ring Rotation: Change the rotation direction of the focus ring
– MF Method: Choose the method of focus operation when using the focus ring
1. The world’s first F2-2.8 fast aperture zoom lens
2. Versatile focal length range to support seamless shooting from wide-angle 35mm to telephoto 150mm photography
3. Outstanding optical performance throughout the range
4. Fast, quiet VXD linear motor mechanism for high-speed and high-precision autofocus
5. Superior close-focusing capability with an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.33m (13 in) at the wide end for creative close-ups
6. Comfortably compact zoom lens with F2 open aperture
7. New design provides enhanced texture and greater user-friendliness
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc., are subject to change without prior notice.